Gladstone Cruise Port
Port of Gladstone: An Overview
As the gateway town to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, Queensland's Gladstone is a favourite with visitors who love the life aquatic. It's a cinch to visit the natural wonder of the reef from Gladstone, with fewer crowds and direct access from the shore enhancing the unforgettable experience. Most visitors rate this as the highlight of their cruise, whether they swim, snorkel or scuba dive.
Daytrips from Gladstone to Heron Island and Lady Musgrave Island give a tantalising taste of what makes Queensland's tropical islands so special, with castaway fantasies served up with plenty of gourmet food and wine.
If you're staying close to port, a range of dining and entertainment options is on offer around the foreshore precinct.
--By Kristie Kellahan, Cruise Critic contributor
Gladstone: Pacific EdenSanjanjoThe excursion were way too expensive... Most of the shops close to the ship were closed except one coffee shop.. oh and they had some markets open near the ship.. that was it.. a dump. ... Read more
- Gratuities on Australian cruises? Bpos
- NZ excursions buy from HAL or independent tour companies? deec
- What to do in Napier, Picton, Dunedin and Wellington NZ. jacketwatch
- Melbourne Small Tour Options maryjnsteve
- Akaro New Zealand information Swissmiss6253
- First time to AUS and NZ travel advice sweetp12
- Barrier Reef or New Zealand kiwicruiser99
- Myki Explorer Question grozzy1
- Sydney hotel for a week before our cruise MMDown Under
- Bed and Breakfast suggestions needed for Auckland and Sydney MMDown Under