First cruise on Azamara : hope many others will follow!: Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Al54
Overall Member Rating
First cruise on Azamara : hope many others will follow!
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
- Nice ship, with an elegant, but relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Excellent crew, always smiling and doing everything to make your cruise a total pleasure : I felt chilly during the italian buffet in Sorrento and suddenly, without asking anything, a warm blanket was delicately wrapped around my shoulders : divine!
- The cruiseline is "solo-friendly" (yes, it still exists!) low single supplement on some cruises, meetings, dinners.....
- Good food, with different venues, specialities buffets..... can't understand how it could be possible not to find some food to your taste. The restaurant managed my food allergies very well (thanks to Lailana, the best waitress I ever met)
- Good music, not too loud. Some people are complaining about entertainment on .Azamara : yes, the cabaret is small and you More won't see there spectaculars shows, but, personally, I really enjoyed the variety of entertainment : italian tenor in Sorrento, excellent Glenn Miller evening, originals shows from the ship's dancers and singers.
- A change in the ittinerary because of a snap election in Malta (????) was a great disappointment for some of us, but, finally, Palma de Mallorca was more interesting than expected.
- The toiletries brand (yes, I know, it's ridiculous, but to elegant ship, elegant toiletries brand!). Very low key, with a quite nauseing "sugarly" scent : as my grandmother said "A good perfume or no perfume at all". Less
Cabin review: N18040 Club Continent Suite
Large cabin (suite) midship, bathtub, bed facing stern, sofabed for a third person. Spotless, thanks to the excellent work of Xavier, Remi and Carmelit, always so helpful. . Some little problems like very low drawers (impossible to use if you have back or knees pains!), The laundry line over the bathtub is a really good idea. One black point : cabin is on deck 8 and noisy at the beginning/end of the night, because just under pool deck (people walking heavily, running, scratching floor with chairs....) Sorry for all the mistakes in this review, english is not my motherlanguage.Read All Club Continent Suite (N1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Ports are poor, staff are conf...
Well its not all good....